Welp, the first full trailer for Toy Story 3 is out, and it’s essentially what I’ve expected. The reputation of these films is so rock-solid it would take a real WTF moment from this trailer to make me think it might not measure up to the first two. That’s a very good position the filmmakers have made for themselves. Although, unlike the sub-par Shrek franchise, I get the impression that the Pixar folks don’t want to rest on their laurels. Somehow they manage to balance the regular tropes of the Toy Story films while managing to expand the overall story. Kudos, guys.
– So, like I said, this looks just about how it should. Nothing too surprising, but nothing too disappointing.
– The story goes to a logical place (Andy’s all grown up), but still has an appealing draw.
– I’m surprised Andy has kept all his toys. And in such pristine condition!
– Rex’s “Should we be HYSTERICAL?!!” makes me laugh a little more each time.
– Spanish Buzz could be very interesting, and I appreciate how formal and romantic the Spanish is. For no reason.
– I’m happy that something strange happens to Buzz, because without some kind of internal confusion, he’s a pretty pointless character.
– Is this a re-tread of the “dealing with loss” theme from the second film?
I’m very much expecting this to measure up to the first two. What ‘choo think?
And a koala in my necktie!! Not really, though, ’cause that’s impossible. However, I do believe Woody the cowboy doll is truly crying out for help when he broadcasts his snake-to-boot ratio. That’s right, he’s a doll. I said it.
But don’t worry little doll, without your doll-osity we wouldn’t be able to feature you in this week’s episode! It’s a story about toys, and is in fact called Toy Story. Boy, that’s easy to remember. Check this: It just so happens to be the very first feature-length CG-animated film ever in the history of ever. Ah, 1995, when the monarchs at Pixar were merely mud-piling serfs (and perhaps mid-level blacksmithes). So at least Woody’s got that going for him. Too bad his comfy world is about to get shattered when ANOTHER toy shows up to take him down!! Look out Woody, this is much worse than any old snake in the boot! What will he do? You’ll have to watch (re: listen) and find out!!!
Hey partner, don’t forget, our theme is composed by The Wind Whistles. They’re our faaaaaavorite deputies. Make sure to check out their fancy little website 🙂 Also, make sure to set your DVD players to 00:00:00 if you’re following along with the movie…ya varmint. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the first ever CG-animated podcast!! (CG podcast not available in all areas)
Pixar’s UP will be the first animated (and 3D) film to open at the Cannes Film Festival this year, reports Dark Horizons. I’m pretty sure we can also file this under a premiere I would like to attend. 3D has been getting a lot of play
these days, what with Coraline and Aliens Vs. Monsters. Now, whether or not that’s a bad thing is a matter of opinion (this is what we call bait, @calamityensues…teehee). I don’t mind the gimmick, if it’s used well and I’m anxious to see what’s in store with this film. Still, it would be nice to attend the opening of the Cannes Film festival and see whether or not this is a worthy first animated feature to be given the coveted opening slot!